As the Head of Research, you are responsible to provide leadership in the development and implementation of the companies Oncology’s research vision and to foster, grow and harmonise the research culture across the organisation both nationally and internationally as well as and building the evidence base for the services the company provides. The role is also responsible for acting as an Ambassador to the external research and Oncology community, building and enhancing relationships with key stakeholders (including professional, government, academic and consumer groups) to support the development and implementation of innovative clinical research focused on improving patient outcomes.
- Provide advice to the UK Leadership Team and other key roles and Committees in areas related to research priorities, regulatory requirements, funding opportunities and collaboration and commercialization opportunities.
- Oversee the development of research (qualitative and quantitative) and outcome databases for tumour streams across the country.
- Assist research staff and clinicians with the development of research protocols, including in relation to access to statistical back up, funding, ethics submissions and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) requirements.
- Facilitate research trials including obtaining consensus amongst stakeholders, identifying and removing barriers and assisting with the on-boarding of sites onto trials.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with government, research and academic institutions and industry partners for the purposes of business and research collaboration.
- Engage with and provide leadership to an efficient and effective network of research staff.
- Provide positive leadership and development to CRCs and key data managers across the organisation, incentivising them to deliver on timely research from their departments.